Insulin Delivery Devices Market Analysis and Future Forecast published by Renub Research gives a detailed analysis on the global insulin market. The report analyses and forecast on market size of different insulin delivery devices i.e. global insulin pen market, insulin pump market, insulin syringe market and insulin jet injector market. The report investigates insulin delivery devices market on the country level as well. Countries covered in the report are: for Insulin pen market – US, Europe, India and Japan; Insulin pump market – US and India; Insulin syringe market – US and India; Insulin jet injector market – US.
After analyzing data from different sources we have come to conclusion that insulin pen is the most preferred mode of injecting insulin globally. Though the insulin syringes are still popular it is ceding market share rapidly to insulin pen and pump. Currently insulin pen leads the market segment but in the future insulin pump will dominate the market, as there is lot of R&D going on for improving it. Insulin pen are popular in Europe and Japan while insulin pumps are gaining popularity in US, fast replacing the dominance of insulin syringe in the market. Even developing countries like India are adapting the insulin pen for its growth going forward. Among future devices oral insulin and implantable insulin pump have bright future.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What is the present and future market size of insulin pen, insulin pump, insulin syringe and insulin jet injector globally?
• What is insulin delivery devices market in 2007 and 2014 for Europe?
• What is the present and future forecast of US, Europe and India insulin pen market?
• What is the market share of companies in global pump market?
• What is the present and future forecast of US insulin pump market?
• Which company will control the US pump market in future?
• What is oral insulin market of US?
• What is the future of insulin patch, oral insulin and implantable insulin pump?
• Globally by 2007 insulin pen controls more than 50 percent of market share in insulin delivery devices market.
• In 2006 insulin pen market share in Europe and Japan was more than 85 percent.
• Global insulin pump and disposables market is expected to grow with a double digit figure.
• By 2009 companies Disetronic and MiniMed together are expected to control more than 70 percent of the insulin pump market globally.
• US insulin pen is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 11.96 percent from 2006 to 2010.
• US insulin syringe market is expected to show a negative CAGR of -0.7 from 2007 to 2009.
• US insulin pump market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 11.8 percent from 2002 to 2009.
• European insulin pen market is expected to grow further but its market share is expected to decline from 89.7 percent in 2007 to 70.6 percent in 2014.
Key Company Profiles
This section provides business overview and key financial information of the companies listed:
Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi-Aventis, Becton, Dickinson and Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company.
Information and data in this report has been collected from various printable and non-pintable sources like Magazines, Newspapers, Trade Journals, White papers, Online paid databases, News websites Government Agencies and Trade associations.
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Insulin Market
2.1 Global Insulin Market – Growth Prospects
2.2 Global – Insulin Delivery Devices Market
3. Global Insulin Pens Market
3.1.1 Global – Insulin Pen Key Players
3.2 US Insulin Pen Market
3.3 Europe Insulin Delivery Devices & Insulin Pen Market
3.4 India Insulin Pen Market
3.5 Japan Insulin Pen Devices Market
4. Global Insulin Pumps Market
4.1 Global – Insulin Pump Key Players
4.2 US Insulin Pumps Market
4.2.1 Key Players
4.3 Outside US Insulin Pump Market
4.4 India Insulin Pump Market
4.5 Europe Insulin Pump - Key Companies
5. Global Insulin Syringe Market
5.1 US Insulin Syringe Market
6. Global Insulin Jet Injectors Market
6.1 US Insulin Jet Injectors Market
7. Future Insulin Devices
7.1 Insulin Patch
7.2 Oral Insulin
7.2.1 US Oral Insulin Market
7.3 Implantable Insulin Pump
8. Key Company Profiles
8.1 Novo Nordisk A/S
8.3 Becton, Dickinson and Company
8.4 GlaxoSmithKline plc
8.5 Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
8.6 Merck & Co., Inc.
8.7 Eli Lilly and Company
List of Figures:
Figure 2 1: Global – Insulin Market (in Billion USD), 2005 – 2007
Figure 2 2: Global – Insulin Market (Billion USD), 2008 – 2012
Figure 3 3: Global – Key Players Insulin Pen Market Shares (Percent), 2006
Figure 3 4: US – Insulin Pens Market (Million USD), 2003 – 2006E
Figure 3 5: US – Forecast for Insulin Pens Market (Million USD), 2007 – 2010
Figure 3 7: Europe – Insulin Delivery Devices Market (USD Million), 2000, 2007 & 2014
Figure 3 8: Europe - Percentage of Insulin Units Delivered in Pen Devices (Percent), 1996, 2000, 2004, 2006 & 2007E
Figure 3 9: Europe - Insulin Pen Devices Market (Million USD), 2007 – 2014
Figure 3 10: Europe – Volume Share of Disposable Pens & Other Pens, (in Percent), 2006
Figure 3 12: India – Market Share of Normal Syringes & Pen Delivery Systems (in Percent), 2007
Figure 3 13: Japan – Insulin Pen Devices (Percent), 1996, 2000, 2004 & 2006
Figure 4 2: Global – Growth Rate of Insulin Pump and Disposables Market (in Percent), 2002 – 2009F
Figure 4 4: US – Insulin Pump and Disposables Market Growth Rate (in Percent), 2002 – 2009F
Figure 4 5: US - Pumps & Disposable Market Revenue (Million USD), 2002 – 2009F
Figure 4 8: US - Cumulative Number of Insulin (Type 1 Pump & Type 2 Pump) Sales (000’ Units) 2002 – 2009F
Figure 4 10: Global (Outside US) - Insulin Pump and Disposables Market (Million USD), 2002 -2009F
Figure 4 11: Global (Outside US) - Insulin Pump and Disposables Market (Percent), 2002 – 2009F
Figure 4 12: Global – Market Share of US and Outside US in the Insulin Pumps & Disposables Market (in Percent), 2002 -2009F
Figure 4 13: India – Number of Insulin Pump Devices (Units), 2005E
Figure 4 14: India – Insulin Pump Market (INR Million), 2005
Figure 4 15: Europe – Key Companies (Medtronic, Distronic) Insulin Pump Market (Percent), 2003
Figure 5 2: US - Insulin Syringe Market (Million USD), 2003 – 2006E
Figure 5 3: US – Forecast for Insulin Syringe Market (Million USD), 2007 – 2010
Figure 6 3: US Insulin Jet Injectors Market (Million USD), 2003 – 2006E
Figure 7 1: US - Forecast for Oral Insulin Market (Million USD), 2007 – 2010
List of Tables:
Table 4 1: Global – Key Companies Market Share of Insulin Pumps (in Percent), 2002 – 2009F
Table 4 3: US – Key Companies Market Share of Total Pump Units Sold (New and Replacement) (in Percent), 2002 – 2009F
Table 8 1: Novo Nordisk A/S - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008
Table 8 2: Sanofi-Aventis - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008
Table 8 3: Becton, Dickinson and Company - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008
Table 8 4: GlaxoSmithKline plc - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008
Table 8 5: Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008
Table 8 6: Merck & Co., Inc. - Key Financials (Million USD), 2006 – 2008